Splashdown Water Park offers a Learn to Swim Program. Levels 1 through 5 are open to ages 4 to 14 years of age. There are also two different Aqua Tots Classes for ages 6 months – 4 years of age. Lessons are offered at both morning and evening times. Private Lessons are again offered for 2016.
Registration will begin Monday, April 25.
- In Person (Fon du Lac Park Dist Administration Center)
- Over the Phone (309-699-3923)
Starting Saturday, May 28 Registration is at Splashdown
- In Person (Splashdown 1 EastSide Dr., East Peoria)
- Over the Phone (309) 694-1867
If you are unsure which swim lesson level your child should be place in, plan on attending our FREE Swim Lesson Evaluation Day prior to registering for classes. Our Swim Lesson Director and Instructors will be on hand to assess your child’s ability and determine which level of swimming lesson best fits his or her needs.
For: Ages 3 & up | Time: 9:30 – 11:00am (Come at any time during this time frame)
Aqua Tots – Exploration I – $25
For 6 months to 2 years of age
This program is designed around your child to develop a high comfort level in and around the water. The class will use play as a basic form of learning and provide fun and enjoyment in the water. It also provides parental involvement in the learning process and reinforces the parent’s role in the child’s learning of skills.
101A, 101B, 101C Classes are FULL
Aqua Tots – Exploration II – $25
For 2 – 4 years of age
This swim class is designed for your child who is still growing comfortable in the water but is not quite ready for the independence of our Level I swim class. This program is centered on guiding the parent and child through multiple exercises and activities that introduce elementary water skills and promote independent swimming. Once your child can perform basic skills without parental assistance, they may begin Level I swim lessons.
LEVEL 1: WATER EXPLORATION – $30
Child has little to no water experience but is comfortable in the water.
- Become oriented and move comfortably through the water.
- Fully submerge face.
- Demonstrate supported floating and kicking on front and back.
- Enter and exit water independently.
LEVEL 2: PRIMARY SKILLS – $30
Child is comfortable in water and can put face in water, blow bubbles, and can float on front and back with assistance.
- Fully submerge head and retrieve underwater objects.
- Demonstrate unsupported front and back float or glide.
- Perform flutter kick on front and back.
- Demonstrate rhythmic breathing.
109A, 109B & 190C Classes are FULL
LEVEL 3: STROKE READINESS – $30
Child can float alone on front and back and can demonstrate kicking and arm-stroke action and can demonstrate all the learning objectives in level 2.
- Dive from side of pool in kneeling position.
- Coordinate components of the front crawl with side-breathing and introduce back crawl.
- Demonstrate gliding with push-off from wall.
- Introduce the fundamentals of elementary backstroke arm movement with flutter kick.
110 C & 112C Classes are FULL
LEVEL 4: STROKE DEVELOPMENT – $30
Child can perform front crawl with side-breathing for 10 yards and can demonstrate all the learning objectives in level 3.
- Dive from side of pool at standing position.
- Learns to tread water.
- Refine elementary backstroke combining arms and legs movement.
- Build endurance with front crawl and back crawl.
LEVEL 5: ADVANCED STROKE DEVELOPMENT – $30
Child can perform front crawl with side-breathing for length of the pool and tread water and can demonstrate all the learning objective in level 4.
- Continue to increase endurance in the front crawl and back crawl.
- Introduce breaststroke.
- Tread water for endurance.
- Learn the fundamentals of sidestroke.